Ewarts Bowling Club
Ewarts Bowling Club was formed in 1931. While work was being carried out on the Green at its present location,
Ewarts made use of the facilities at Woodvale Park - at a cost of 12/6 for a season ticket. When the Green was almost complete,
in December 1933, Ewarts resigned from the Public Parks Association and applied to join the Private Greens League, and they were
admitted to the PGL in 1934.
Ewarts Bowling Green was opened on Saturday 21 April 1934 but it was sometime later before the LADIES SECTION was formed - this was in 1960, and they became affiliated to the IWBA on 17 October 1967. Ewarts Ladies can enjoy Full Bowling Membership on a par with the men, and can have use of the Green at all times (except Saturday afternoons of course). We are currently looking to recruit new members and anyone interested in joining would be very welcome!!